- THE SCRIPTURES INSPIRED. The Bible is the Word of God, a revelation from God to man, the infallible rule of faith and conduct and doctrine. 2 Timothy 3:16.
- ONE TRUE GOD EXPRESSED IN THREE PERSONS AND THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are eternally self-existent, and self revealed. Jesus Christ, who is God manifest in the flesh, is the second member of the Godhead, co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:6, Deuteronomy 6:4, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- THE SALVATION OF MAN. Man was created innocent, but through Adam’s transgression, sin came upon all men. Jesus Christ came to pay the penalty of man’s sin through His shed blood, so that all men can be saved by faith in Him. Salvation is by grace through faith. Grace may be simply stated as God doing for man what he could not do for himself in the person of Jesus Christ. Faith may be simply stated as man’s positive response to God’s grace. Ephesians 2:8, Titus 3:5, Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:8-10.
- THE PRESENT DAY MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe in the present day outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Believers can and should be filled with the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in other tongues, and the Holy Spirit gives gifts to the church to be used in the present time. Acts 2:4,17.
- DIVINE HEALING. We believe that divine healing is the right and privilege of every believer, and it was provided for the church in the atonement. Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:17, 1 Peter 2:24.
- WATER BAPTISM. We believe that every believer should be baptized in water following Christ’s example and in obedience to Christ’s command. Matthew 3:13-17, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16
- THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST FOR HIS CHURCH. We believe that Jesus Christ will return for His church as is recorded in the scripture. John 14:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58.
- HEAVEN AND HELL. We believe in heaven and hell. Heaven will be the eternal resting place for all believers after their death. All unbelievers (who do not repent and believe on Christ in this life) will eventually be cast into the lake of fire and spend eternity there. Hebrews 9:27, Revelation 20:11-15, 21:1-8.
It is difficult to tell all we believe in 8 sentences, but we make this statement of faith available to those who ask, so they will know we are Bible-believing Christians. We appreciate your interest in growing in the things of the Lord!
We Believe the Purpose of the church is to....
- To worship God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (John 4:24).
- To build up the Church of Jesus Christ through the teaching of the Word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7).
- To increase Believers to faithfulness “as good stewards of the manifold grace of God” (1 Peter 4:10).
- To encourage individual Believers toward attaining the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13).
- To be ambassadors of Christ in our community, and unto the nations, and to lead men and women to faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (2 Corinthians 5:20-21; Matthew 28:19-20; John 3:16).